Mission Statement of The Order of The Historia Illius Itineris International
From the Director for The Historia Illius Itineris
The Order of The Historia Illius Itineris International (HI3 / HIII) is the international directorate of The Movement, a hierarchical membership organization. Our mission is to communicate the practices and theories of the philosophical and experiential system known as Metaphors of Movement, with a particular emphasis on developing the ideals of personal freedom, excellence, and self-knowledge. To this end, we conduct experiential instruction (“initiation”) and offer regular instruction to our participatory members in a small practice group type of environment and via webinar and online lecture material.
The Program of the Directorate of The Historia Illius Itineris is as follows:
- To create and maintain a structured and hierarchical organisation of persons united by their common interest in exploring the subtle realms of experience using the embodiment of principles developed from Metaphors of Movement.
- To provide certain benefits to the members of this society, including, but not limited to: participation in experiential ritual; social community and entertainment; instruction in esoteric sciences; development and guidance for improved business; and opportunities for creative expression, community service, and development of highly beneficial social and professional relationships.
- To collaboratively develop, gather and collect a body of knowledge and intellectual resources for the benefit of all members of the society.
- We envision The Historia Illius Itineris as a model fraternal order and the leading proponent in the advancement and development of the principles of Metaphors of Movement applied to self.
- We will uphold the highest standards of excellence and effectiveness in the practice and dissemination of our teachings.
- We will foster harmonious and constructive relationships with the other fields of exploration and research allied to the purposes of The Historia Illius Itineris.
- We will assist, nurture and develop the individual success of our members in areas such as employment and business, wealth and personal success.
- We support the liberty of the individual and the cultivation of psychological freedoms, self-respect, self-knowledge, self-discipline, and self-responsibility.
- We expect commitment from all our members to uphold the principles of the Historia Illius Itineris and to make an active contribution to promote the success of all participants.
- We impose no belief, religion or commitment upon our members outside of the activities of The Historia Illius Itineris.