It might be useful to think about the physical world in terms of sephira meditations and personal development. Here’s a loose guideline.
MALKUTH (improve the physical)
- Clean your house, finish any outstanding DIY jobs, fix those things you have been putting off. It might be that you need to move house to a better, more affordable or more suitable area. For example, if you live in the city and are really a country person at heart (or vice versa) then address this.
- Clear the clutter from your house. Give away, sell, or throw out anything that is just clutter.
- Clear your debts, start a savings account (even if it just a pound a week, but start saving), pay attention to how you spend your money, look for how savings can be made with a little effort, start giving to charity.
- Visit the dentist, get those minor ailments treated, start exercising, check your blood pressure, cut out all junk food, eat more fresh greens, get a full medical checkup.
- Stop smoking, quit drinking (don’t just cut down, 100% quit) quit all intoxicants and bad habits.
- Learn to cook.
YESOD (improve the unconscious)
- Change your bed, buy a new mattress, buy the most comfortable bedding and pillows you can afford. Get rid of the TV from the bedroom. Pay attention to your bedroom, make it great.
- Keep a dream diary.
- Learn to meditate, focused concentration, practice daily.
- Improve your quality of sleep, adjust your eating patterns to be harmonious to your sleep/wake cycle..
- Start keeping a reflective journal/diary/scrapbook.
- Get some therapy, learn self-hypnosis, read the Karma Sutra, slow down and relax more during sex.
HOD (improve the intellect)
- Study a subject, learn anatomy, first aid, take evening classes, complete your education. Learn maths and geometry.
- Start buying more books…and reading them.
- Learn a foreign language, learn advanced written English. Take a public speaking class.
- Volunteer in a hospital, get to know medical students.
- Study chemistry, alchemy, magick, system theory.
- Practice the LBRP daily, the hexagram ritual (IAO formula) regularly.
NETZACH (improve the creative)
- Learn to dance, sing and paint.
- Start writing poems, no matter how bad they are.
- Get creative, take art classes, pottery, photography. Develop an eye for looking at the world as an artist.
- Learn and practice The Five Rhythms (al la Gabrielle Roth)
Tiphereth (act from the heart)
- Reconnect with old friends.
- Put right all your wrongs, return that borrowed book, repay debts.
- Phone your mother (or another relative you ought to call).
- Learn to see both sides of an argument.
- Pay attention to your legacy that will mark your life.
- Give your time to a voluntary organisation for children (Scouts/Guides, youth clubs etc)
- Study and practice Catholicism.
- Practice the hexagram ritual (IAO) daily.
Geburah (develop strength)
- Take up martial arts, learn to box, self-defence.
- Learn to shoot and handle a weapon, sword fighting, archery.
- Read the Art of War, watch films about the Nuremberg trials, and films with a revenge theme.
- Study the history of military strategy.
- Learn criminal law, right-wing politics, management theory.
Chesed (be nicer)
- Practice forgiving those who have wronged you, abandon past hurts and wrongs.
- Help the poor, give to the homeless, give a part of yourself not just money.
- Feed/help stray animals.
- Give up meat, become vegetarian.
- Support a prison charity.
- Study social reform, civil rights and left-wing politics.